Here's what you'll need to make your own mossy initials.
- A large piece of styrofoam insulation (the pink stuff works just fine!) , cardboard letters would also work. We used 1/2" thick insulation and doubled up the layers for strength.
- Box cutter
- Spray adhesive
- Spray paint (I used a light green color)
- Spanish moss
1. Draw the letters onto your stryofoam with a permanent marker.
2. Carefully cut the letters out with a box cutter. 3. If your styrofoam is thin like ours, trace the letter you just cut out onto more styrofoam. This will be your second layer to strengthen the letters.
4. Carefully cut out your second letter with a box cutter.5. Now you have your two layers!
6. Apply spray adhesive to the front side of the bottom layer and to the back side of the other top layer.
7. Match the edges and carefully press the two layers together. Now you will have one letter with double the thickness. 8. Use sandpaper to smooth the edges of the letter. Sand, sand, sand until all edges are complete.
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial!