You will need:
Fabric -- lightweight fabric like silk or chiffon will work best. I just used some apparel lining fabric in ivory to match my dress. You can use scraps from another project, this doesn't take much!
Scissors or rotary cutter
Self-healing mat if you're using a rotary cutter
Needle and matching thread
1. Cut a flower out of your fabric with scissors or a rotary cutter. You can trace a pattern on first if you prefer, I just did it freehand. Sorry for the wrinkles in this flower, this was one of my rejects.
2. Continue to cut flowers, making each one slightly smaller than the last. I used about 10 flowers for each hairpiece I made.3. Stack flowers center to center from biggest to smallest, alternating the locations of the petals to avoid gaps. 4. Carefully lift all of the flowers at once and fold them in half.
5. Place needle in the center of the folded side, making sure that needle goes through all layers of the flower. Make a few stiches to keep the flowers together.
6. Turn flower around and pinch in the opposite direction to make flower round. Arrange petals how you would like them. 7. Make a few more stitches to keep petals in place and tie a knot in the thread. Your flower is finished!
8. Attach flower to hair clip, pin, headband, or anywhere else you want! Enjoy your pretty new flower!
All photos are my own.