12.20.2008

the big 2-5.

It's my birthday today. I'm officially a half a century old. Adam made sure to remind me of that this morning... not nice! But he has been quite nice to me for my birthday so far. Last night he took me to the Welcome Yule! show at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. We were up in the nosebleed seats, but the view was pretty cool. I would've taken a picture but no cameras were allowed. And I thought it was kind of rude to take pictures with a cell phone, although that didn't stop a lot of other people. So here's a picture I found to give you an idea of what it looks like, although last night it was even prettier with Christmas lights and decorations. Gorgeous architecture. The music was good too of course!
This morning Adam gave me part of my birthday present. I desperately needed a new wallet so that's what he gave me. The inside is purple! I have an unhealthy obsession with purple.
I guess the rest of my present is at his parent's house in MI, so I'll have to wait until Christmas for that one. He tries really hard to separate my birthday from Christmas, so I think he feels bad about me having to wait. Not like mixing Christmas and birthday is anything new to me. I used to hate it when I was little but now I don't mind. Christmas is my fave anyway... why do you think my parents named me Holly?
I'm not sure exactly what we're going to do for the rest of the day, possibly go to the Chicago Botanic Gardens (where we got engaged) so we can test out our new camera. Then we'll go out to dinner, possibly at Oysy for some sushi. Who knows after that. I'll share some pictures with you tomorrow.
Cupcake from here. CSO from here. Wallet pictures are my own. Holly from here.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! Your wallet is really cute!