5.19.2009

it's finally mine.

I've been eyeing the J. Crew silk gala clutch since it came out, but I was too cheap to pay $88 for it plus shipping.  I'd been waiting and waiting for it to go on sale and then a few weeks ago, it finally did.  At $59.99, I still wasn't convinced I wanted to spend that much.  I'm cheap and I can make purses, even if I didn't really want to make one.  So I decided to take my chances and waited for it to come down in price even more.  It didn't.  Instead, it SOLD OUT.  And I was sad.
I realize it's just a clutch, and is not by any means something that I needed to have on my wedding day.  But I liked it.  A lot.  There is no denying how well it matched with my shoes!

After it sold out, I was surprised by how disappointed I was.  Yes, I could try to make something similar, but really, I don't have the time or energy to spend making a clutch when I have a million other projects that I need to work on in the next few months.  I really didn't want to spend the time looking for another clutch that I liked either, because I am what some may call picky  (I like to say "selective").  

Luckily for this lazy bride, today on the  Weddingbee boards lovely reader LilMisPriss so kindly informed us that J. Crew had added more silk gala clutches in ivory to their website!  I immediately purchased one, and now I have one more accessory to check off the list of things to buy.  Now all that's left to do is wait impatiently for the postman to bring it to my doorstep!

p.s. Sadly the clutches have sold out again in Ivory.  Hopefully a few more will magically appear in case there are any other brides who've been looking for this clutch!

Did you wait for any wedding purchases to go on sale, only to find that they had sold out?  Did you end up getting what you wanted in the end?

4 comments:

LauraAnn said...

I have that same exact clutch from J Crew! I LOVE IT!!! But I wasn't as gutsy so I purchased it at full price because I was too fearful that it would sell out before it went on sale.

Glad that you were able to get your clutch!

tambride013010 said...

A great clutch! Glad it worked out!!

Julia said...

yay!! yes, I waited waited for some beautiful purple shoes to reduce in price, and ended up missing out. I'm still not over it. I'm very happy for you though!!

Globetrottingbride said...

Oh I hate that feeling of regret! So glad you were able to snatch it up!