4.23.2009

a grey's wedding.

Grey's Anatomy has been one of the only shows I've ever watched religiously ever since the first episode. I love the medical/soap opera combination... I also enjoy seeing the products that my company makes in each episode (I'm a nerd like that). Tonight's episode added another element to the formula that made me enjoy it even more! That's right... weddings!

Here's the synopsis (at least for the wedding part of the plot):

Meredith and Derek are getting married and Izzie throws herself into planning the wedding in hopes that it will help her avoid the side effects of chemotherapy. Meredith wants a simple wedding, and her and Derek joke that they want to get married in their scrubs and hold surgical instruments as her bouquet. Izzie tells them a large, traditional wedding is a requirement, and sets up a makeshift bridal boutique in her hospital room, forcing Meredith to try on poofy white dresses against her will. Meredith obliges because she feels bad that Izzie is sick. All in all, it made for a pretty entertaining episode!

I'll admit though, I was a little surprised when Meredith came out in "the" dress. I was envisioning her in a modern gown with no beading or tulle and made of luxurious fabric, like this one from Melissa Sweet.

(source)

Instead, she walked out in this dress.


I'm not sure what to think of it. It's a pretty dress, I just don't think it really fits her personality on the show. What do you think?

Whether you think the dress fits her style or not, I don't think anyone can argue that her hair and makeup in this picture are gorgeous! File it away in your inspiration folder!

(source)

Thank you Grey's Anatomy for being my unexpected source of wedding inspiration today. I don't know about you, but I hope they are going to show the actual wedding on the show!

7 comments:

Julia said...

hair and makeup - A+
dress, not so much?? it is a beautiful dress, but somehow not on her, with the low waistline and lace... something about it.I definitely would have pictured her in the first dress you posted!

Christine said...

OK as the US is showing the episode's faaaaaar earlier than the German's do, I didn't know they really were going to marry...
Apart from that I never could imagine that she'd wear THAT dress! So I really share your point of view :-)
I'm looking forward to this episodes :-)

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I must admit I was a little disappointed as well. I definitely didn't picture Meredith in this little girl's dress... but then again Izzy picked it out and she loves all things girly, so it fit. I hope they show the wedding on an episode too!!

Jenn said...

I'm not crazy about that dress either...it almost looks too big on her?

Heidi said...

I wasn't a big fan of her choice of dress either! I just don't think it fits her character, however, she did look beautiful!

Stephanie said...

yeah, it does look way too big or something on her. I do love her hair and make up though!

Courtney said...

I totally agree! I was definitely thinking some simple but elegant.