3.05.2009

hoping for a transformation.

This weekend we'll be driving up to the UP to meet with several of our wedding vendors. I've been trying to finalize our plans for decorating for a few months now, and it has been difficult to say the least. We will be meeting with the decorators on Saturday to see what they have that we can borrow, rather than buying ourselves, as well as to go over their vision for the event. Why don't we just do the decorating ourselves, you might ask? Because we're having our reception here...

at the local armory. And it's hideous. But it is big enough to comfortably accommodate all of our guests, which we cannot say for many other of the indoor venues in the area. It is also the only venue that isn't split up into a bunch of smaller rooms. My only requirements for our reception venue was that it was indoors (not willing to chance the weather, I would worry too much) and that no one would be sitting in the "reject room", where they can't even hear the toasts! Is the armory pretty? Of course not, but at least no one will feel left out!

I'm praying that we can work some magic to make the place look less like a gym. I'm sure it will be difficult but my decorators and I are up for the task! This amazing transformation by One Source Weddings is giving me hope!

Does anyone else have a venue that needs some work? I hope I'm not all alone on this one!

2 comments:

LauraAnn said...

That transformation picture is awesome! I can't wait to see what you and the decorators come up with! Good luck!!!

Heidi said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! I love the transformation pic! I'm sure you'll come up with something!