3.08.2009

decor details.

This weekend was a huge success! We met with the decorators on Saturday and discussed their ideas for the reception space beautification project. I am so impressed with their ideas, I can't wait to see their vision come to life! Here is a very rough drawing of what the layout will look like.
When guests walk in, they will enter the cocktail area. The guest book and gift tables will be near the entrance, along with the homemade photobooth. There will be staggered pedestal tables near the bar and chinese lanterns on the ceiling. The cocktail area will be separated from the dinner area by trees planted in white wooden boxes and covered in white lights. The entrance to the dinner area will be accented with curtains that are pulled back to each side.

The dinner area will primarily consist of long buffet tables with white linens and teal table runners. The head table will be located straight ahead of the entrance, and will hopefully be raised up so everyone can see what's happening. There will be a few round tables for the family near the head table. The DJ will be along the right wall, next to another row of trees in white wooden boxes, which will be uplit with purple lights. The cake table in the right hand corner will also be accented with lighting.

The buffet table will be along the left wall, as well as the coffee bar. Chinese lanterns will be hung above the buffet. Dancing will take place in the center of the room, under the large chandelier hanging in the middle. The rest of the ceiling will be tented with white plastic (which looks like fabric) and strings of white lights.

I'll admit that I was a little overwhelmed with the extent of the decorating they're planning, and I thought that I could never afford a transformation like this one. When they handed me the quote, I had to look at it a few times to process it. I was so surprised to find out that the quote was less than half of what another decorator had quoted me, even though they are doing about 4 times the amount of work!

The decorating of the reception venue has been the element of the wedding that I have been most worried about since we began planning. After this weekend, it is honestly the one part of the day that I know will be perfect! These ladies get it. They have excellent taste and their vision has gone above and beyond what I could ever have dreamed up for the space.

I'm so excited to see the final product! Too bad I have to wait another six months...

4 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, that sounds sooo great!
I really do look forward to your pics :-)

Julia said...

How exciting!!! just discovered your blog, am enjoying it a lot! congrats on the weddingbee appointment

very married said...

wow! that's so exciting. i got scared of the big gym-esque places and am going for a old school theater. the results will be fabulous i'm sure!

LauraAnn said...

That is awesome that the quote ended up being less than what originally thought! Isn't that the greatest feeling?!? I can't wait to see pictures of the end results!