1.03.2009

christmas diy project #9: fabric ornaments.

After hand-making a gift for everyone in my family except my mom, I felt a little guilty. The other projects had taken so long I didn't have time to make anything elaborate before I left to go home. I had seen instructions somewhere for making fabric ornaments (I'd give you the link if I could remember where I saw it) so I headed to JoAnn Fabrics for the fourth time in as many days and found some styrofoam balls, red polka dot fabric (I already had the green flannel and the black polka dot cordoroy at home), and red and green rick-rack and ribbon.

I made grooves in each ball to separate it into 6 parts. Then I used the back of the knife to push the fabric into the seams, and when was all in place I pinned some rick-rack to the top, added a ribbon, and I was finished. I made three ornaments: one for my mother, one for my godmother and one for my mother-in-law-to-be.
Photo is my own.

No comments: