11.19.2008

sew excited!

Forgive me for the pun. I just made something on my new sewing machine (thank you mom & dad for the early Christmas gift) and it turned out really well for my first time making anything! I've sewn before on my mom's machine when I was younger, but nothing more difficult than a pillow (which is the most basic project ever). I was a little more ambitious this time. I'd tell you what it is, but you'll have to wait! It's a gift and I don't want to give it away.

Speaking of gifts, it's getting to be that time of year. I have to admit that one of my favorite parts of Christmas is trying to find the perfect gift for everyone...and then wrapping it in pretty paper. I am sucker for pretty packaging. I'm also sad to admit that I want to get a second job as a gift wrapper during the holidays. My fiance won't let me. :( So instead, we went out last weekend and bought most of our Christmas gifts. And then I came home and wrapped them all. In color-coordinated paper that matches the colors of our Christmas tree and decorations. Which I put up on Sunday. I am slightly OCD.
Note: These are not my wrapped gifts. I am too lazy to take a picture, I apologize.

Photo from Flickr.

No comments: