6.04.2009

a pretty little dress.

Ladies and gents, we have a flowergirl dress.  I had previously posted about some of the options, but never gave you the final selection!  I'm sure you've been waiting in suspense.  Or not.
Either way, when I first laid eyes on this adorable dress from TheBoutiqueBaby on Etsy, I knew it was the one.  

Since the seller only had pink and cream available, I asked if she could make the same dress in ivory to match the color of my wedding dress.  She said yes, and a couple weeks later I had a pretty little dress for our flowergirl!

While I was home a few weeks ago for my bridal shower, I had Ali try it on to make sure it fit.  She was being a little shy, so this is the only picture I have of her, and it is blurry! 
You'll just have to trust me when I say it is beautiful on her!  I love that the bubble hem matches the hem of the bridesmaids dresses, and the little fabric flowers are just too cute!  I also love that it is a little away from the norm, being short and all.  I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle in this dress!

Did you opt for an untraditional flowergirl dress?

3 comments:

LauraAnn said...

Awe! She looks so cute in her flower girl dress!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Ahh I LOVE that dress!!! My FG live far far away and they are 9 and 10 - so the easiest thing for me to do was pick out some dresses from David's Bridal online that I liked and let them choose which they liked best. As long as they are happy, I am happy. If I had a baby FG, she would have wore a tutu. Period.

Julia said...

that is the CUTEST thing!!! what a funky, sweet little dress - I bet she can't wait to wear it to birthday parties and things again too! I have my heart set on some adorable dresses from Monsoon - at £50 a pop I'm not sure it's going to happen though!