1.22.2009

initial inspiration.

My bridesmaid Dana just got engaged on Jan. 2nd! I'm so excited for her! She has asked me to stand in her wedding, so I think it's my duty to give her some inspiration to get going on the wedding planning. She's still trying to determine a color scheme (among other more important things, such as the date and the location of the wedding) so we looked at some pictures tonight while watching Grey's and I put some color boards together.

The first one is based on a picture she had seen of a bouquet with indigo, aqua, and orange flowers. I didn't have the exact picture, but we found something similar to start out with. I added a little green in the mix as well. I think it definitely has potential!
The next one is a little more classic, and I think it will go well with her fiance's uniform (he's a Marine). Slate blue/gray, gold, and white.
Which do you like best?


All photos via Style Me Pretty, Snippet & Ink, and The Bride's Cafe.

No comments: